Thursday, June 11, 2015

Pre-flight Jitters

School is OUT ! 
With the "busy busy" of school, it had not sunk in that I am actually doing this trip. . . I am very excited that sleep (on the plane) is in my near future. As for this blog, I'll try to keep it updated with the good, bad, and ugly pictures. Dear reader-Keep in mind that this will be a very awkward start for both sides- I've never blogged before and you. . .well you are actually reading this--strange.

         While this flight is not to Tanzania (I'll take that flight on Saturday, heading to Boston first!) I'm really feeling the butterflies for this trip. There is always the constant worry of "Did I forget something?"--> probably
         BUT I am more nervous about being able to do a good job. As a "Bioengineer" my skill set has breadth, not depth so I am worried I will not be able to get my electrical work running. To combat this-- I have been reading up on circuits + electrical podcasts. I am also hoping that I can get a Swahili book in Boston because they didn't have any at the bookstore near my home! So much I still have to think about- better get crackin!
Tuonane baadaye- See you later

2 comments:

  1. We prayed for you today at mass to arrive safely. Guess we forgot to include on time! Hope you are able to get some rest during the ordeal of changing flights and arriving late so you don't have too much to catch up on when you get there. Your experiences will be part of your education in making you a well seasoned traveler. Love You

    ReplyDelete